Saint Francis Xavier School East Campus
Preschool through 1st Grade students of the Saint Francis Xavier School attend the East Campus, which is located inside the First Baptist Church.
The entrance is on the South wall of the building, parallel to the long row of parking spots labelled STFX. The space is rented to supplement the Saint Francis Xavier School Main Campus on Waiola Avenue.
The two schools combined educate about 640 students, 99% of whom are from parishoner families.
Originally, Saint Francis Xavier School owned and used the building at 125 N. Kensington Avenue, which now houses Kensington School. "It figures," said Principal Debra Rodde in good humor. "We sold the property and now we expanded and needed to rent!"
- Fax: 708-588-1481
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, Holidays, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking; ground floor classrooms and offices; sidewalk ramps
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1917
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18-1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: "La Grange is a tight-knit community," said Principal Debra Rodde.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Preschool - 1st Grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria
- Uniforms: Yes