La Grange Public Library
This resource is virtually indispensible for La Grange residents. La Grange Public Library opened in 1904 on the same grounds it now exists. The current, rebuilt institution debuted in November 2007. It features a wood-floored, sunny "Quiet Reading Room" equipped with comfy chairs and wooden tables. Also included are a handful of smaller, sunny study rooms with a round table and chairs in each. The library includes self-scanning check-out, laptops for in-library use, gorgeous well-lit display cases for local art on loan and meeting rooms for non-profit use. A separate door to a kids' area ensures the remainder of the building is as quiet as expected. For anyone who would like to volunteer, buy or sell used books, research for fun or for school and also find a story in which to lose themselves, the friendly staff at the La Grange Public Library can advise.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 9pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm (summers only)
- Handicap Accessible: Automatic doors; elevator; two parking spots
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1904
- What makes this community special?: It's very community-oriented. The library collaborates with other community organizations through outreach to local schools and through Family Fest.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Size of collection: 100,817
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: There are eight computers on the second floor, which can be reserved for Internet use with a valid library card; there is free Wi-Fi in the library. Laptops are available to check out for in-library use.
- Programs/classes: Check out the library's excellent website for comprehensive programming and calendar of events.
- Book donation information: Visit the library or visit their website.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes