The La Grange Country Club is a private club with 275 golfing members and 500 general members, most of whom reside in the La Grange and Western Springs communities. Since its founding in 1899, the club hosted the USGA Womens' Open in 1974 and 1981. Club membership includes access to an 18-hole golf course, a driving range, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, a clubhouse, three formal dining rooms available for private parties and varying events and specials. On the green, there are five par-three holes and four tee options—black, blue, white and green. Around the grounds, there's a lively tone, as children run along the red gravel path to the tennis courts, racket in hand and fathers and sons enjoy snacks at the clubhouse under the shade of giant maple trees. The club focuses on family-oriented activities to cater to its members with planned activities for both children and adults, especially during the summer holidays of Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day.