Kama Bistro, one of the highest-rated La Grange restaurants and a top Indian restaurant in the Chicago area, will host a grand re-opening event at its new location at 9 S. La Grange Rd. on Saturday, Oct. 19. The event will feature a pre-set menu, which you can check out on the restaurant's Facebook page here.
When La Grange Park resident Michele Kowalski learned her daughter was diagnosed with Apraxia about eight years ago, she hadn't heard of the motor speech disorder, let alone what she would need to do to address it. Now, at age 10, Alex Kowalski is a total chatterbox, thanks to years of intensive speech therapy and support.
This weekend, the Kowalskis and hundreds of other walkers will participate in the fifth annual Walk for Children With Apraxia of Speech, starting in Ty Warner Park in Westmont at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19. The walk, Kowalski said, builds awareness of the disorder what was such a mystery to her years ago.
Other weekend happenings in La Grange, La Grange Park:
- HUGE MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE
- Multi-Family Garage Sale La Grange Park
- Forest Road PTO Used Toy Sale!
- Family Oktoberfest at Emmanuel Episcopal Church
- Brew Moon beer and band fest
- Teen Yoga with Rachel Lechocki
- Free Botanical Drawing Demonstration with Field Museum's Peggy MacNamara