Updated 3:37 p.m.
Ogden Avenue School sent out an email to parents Friday afternoon after a parent reported that kids were playing the "choking game" in the park, police said Tuesday.
Police said the school reported the incident that a parent had reported to the school after a student found a video of her child playing the game, which is a "popular" in parks, according to the police reports.
Ogden Principal Pattii Waldo said Tuesday the video was of a small group of sixth graders. She said the game has not been an issued at the school in the past.
She said staff talked to the sixth grade class about the danger of the game and told them how serious its risks could be.
She said the best way for parents to talk to their kids about the game is with "open" discussion, letting them know why it's so dangerous.
"It's important for the older kids (for the parents to be) open and honest with them, to let them know it's serious and (that) we care about them and that it's something they can't do," she said.
Extra watch has been requested for the area, police said.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, children play the "choking game" to get a brief high. According to a CDC report from 2008, the dangerous game killed more than 80 children in between 1995 and 2008.
Check back for updates to this story this afternoon.