Another Charged With Possession of Stolen Property
Christian R. Rangel, 19, of the 1000 block of South La Grange Road, La Grange, was charged at 4 p.m. with possession of stolen property at the Western Springs Police Department after an investigation confirmed he had possessed a generator that was taken from a burglarized residential garage in the 4700 block of Fair Elms Avenue on Oct. 27, police said.
Rangel was the second person charged with possessing the generator. Western Springs police charged Jose M. Abarca of Chicago with the same offense on Dec. 16.
The generator was returned to its rightful owner and the investigation was closed. Rangel was released on bond to appear in court.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Western Springs news:
Recent Western Springs Patch police stories:
- Car Leaves Roadway as Driver Looks Down
- Western Springs Man Charged With Resisting, Obstructing Officers
- Slew of Western Springs Car Accidents Reported
- Western Springs Woman Without License Cited After Crash
- Trio of 3-Car Accidents Reported in Western Springs
- Hinsdale Woman Charged With DUI in Western Springs
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.