Nazareth Academy’s Student Council proudly presents
Homecoming 2012: Dance Like It’s the End of the World!
- Sunday, Oct. 7: Hallway Decorating from 1-5 p.m. Members of Nazareth Academy’s Class Boards and Student Council will be decorating school hallways and the dining hall to reflect the theme of the week. Each class has received a different era to emulate through creative decoration.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: Students are encouraged to celebrate country music by dressing in their favorite country wear! Jeans, boots, cowboy hats! Yeee-haw!
- Thursday, Oct. 11: Dance Troupe Day...We’ve encouraged students to grab a group of friends and dress alike!
- Friday, Oct. 12: Nazareth’s annual Pep Rally will begin at 8 a.m. in the Rooney Student Center. We will be highlighting the accomplishments of our fall athletic teams, enjoying performances by the Pom & Dance team, cheerleaders, color guard and drum line. Our 2012 Homecoming King, Queen and court will be announced at the Pep Rally.
- Immediately following the Pep Rally, students will be sent from the Rooney Center onto the streets of La Grange Park for our 38th annual WALK. Students and faculty will walk 3.5 miles, raising money for the school’s 2nd biggest fundraiser.
- After the WALK, students are invited to join in on a Post-WALK celebration. Student Council will be selling hot dog lunches for $3; a fantastic DJ will be playing lots of dance tunes; and Senior Board will be facing members of the Nazareth faculty and staff in the annual Student/Faculty Softball game in Valenta Stadium.
- Saturday, Oct. 13: Varsity Football faces RB beginning at 1:30. Members of the Junior and Senior Boards will be selling Nazareth blankets for $35 and License Plate covers for $5. All proceeds benefit Prom.
- The Homecoming Dance will be held in the Rooney Student Center from 8-11 p.m. Doors close at 9 p.m. Thanks to all of the students who have purchased tickets to “Dance Like It’s The End Of The World!”
Nazareth Alumni are welcome to “Come Home to Nazareth”
for several Homecoming/Alumni Reuinion events.
We have special celebrations for our significant reunion years that end in either a "2" or "7" and the Class of 1962 is celebrating their Golden Jubilee!
Friday, October 12, 7-10 p.m.: Nazareth will be hosting a cocktail reception and class kickoff parties in Springer Hall. The Class of 1952 has also secured Peter Oprisko, "the next Frank Sinatra," for evening entertainment. Cost is $15, adults only.
Saturday, October 13, 12-1:30 p.m.: Join us for a "Nazgate" Tailgate Party in our Dining Hall before our football game as our Roadrunners take on the Bulldogs of Riverside-Brookfield. No cost, families welcome.
Sunday, October 14, 11am: Attend our Alumni and Family Mass at the Congregation of St. Joseph Chapel where Kathleen Kuhle Flynn '45, Patricia Rowe Klod '62 and Robert Donat '87 will be honored for their continued dedication to the values and mission of Nazareth. The mass will be followed by a complimentary brunch sponsored by the Fathers Club.
Nazareth Academy, a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving families from 55 communities and over 100 grade schools in Chicago and the western suburbs, established in 1900 and sponsored by the Congregation of St. Joseph, values scholarship, service, spirit, and unity.