Well I thought we would have some fun this week in Testing your Wine Knowledge with some wine trivia.
- What are the Top 5 Countries whose wine is imported into the US Market?
- Name the Top 5 Wine producing countries?
- What chemical component makes up the largest percentage of a bottle of wine?
- Name the Top 5 countries in wine grapes acreage worldwide?
- Where do most winemakers believe winemaking starts?
- What are the most important factors in winemaking?
- Usually it takes how long for a grape vine to produce grapes suitable for making wine?
- What does the term “Brix” mean?
- Phylloxera, is a grape louse and one of a grapevines worst enemies, name one of the countries whose grape acreage to this day have not been devastated by phylloxera?
- What are the 5 perceived tastes?
- Name 5 things that a great wine great?
Watch next week for the answers………..
Gregory Hayes, cs, cwp
Sommelier – Wine Buyer
Mecenat Bistro & Gather Place
821 West Burlington Ave. Western Spring, IL.
Join me at Mecenat Bistro & Gathering Place on Friday and Saturday’s for complimentary Wine Tastings.
Fridays 2:00 -4:00 pm, Saturdays 1:00 – 4:00 pm