La Grange Patch is only 16 likes away from the big 1,400 on its Facebook page. Help us out and like our page!
In their fourth tournament of the season, the Lyons Township High School Speech Team took home a team medal. The team placed second among 17 schools, with 10 students earning individual honors. LT scored 160 points at the Cary-Grove Winter Invitational, outscoring South Elgin, Bartlett and Maine South, according to a news release from LT.
Speech Team sponsor Kirsten Manthei said in a statement, “We are feeling very confident about our team this year. The students have really stepped it up in these extremely intense tournaments. The team feels better prepared for competition and is hoping to perform well at Regionals.”
Congratulations to the following individual LT Speech Team medal winners at the most recent tournament:
- Steven Vogel: Junior, 1st in special occasion speaking and humorous interpretation
- Jack McDermott: Senior, 2nd in special occasion speaking
- Billie Schaub: Junior, 3rd in dramatic interpretation
- Jonathan Janas: Senior, 3rd in original comedy
- Riley Carroll, Junior, 4th in dramatic interpretation
- Amanda Bolton: Junior, 5th in special occasion speaking
- Denis Keljalic: Senior, 5th in oratorical declamation
- Deirdre Sheldon: Junior, 6th in original comedy
- Melissa Fuentes: Sophomore, 6th in informative speaking