It’s a terrible moment when you’re chowing down during a nice meal out, and all of a sudden you hear a crunch.
Not the crunch of fresh salad greens or crudité, but something … a little buggy.
From insects to duct tape, we’ve all found something in our food that shouldn’t be there.
The weirdest things I’ve found while eating at a restaurant? Wasps, a plastic cup lid and a marble. And two of those three popped up during the same meal (though granted, the lid was in my dad’s dinner).
Readers shared some of their horror stories on Facebook. We're not naming names, but here are the worst of the worst discoveries:
- Cindy McDowell Abrahamson: We're not naming names? Part of a cleaning brush in my food. They were not apologetic at all, so I have not been back since.
- Dawn Marie: A piece of Duct tape in a taco salad.
- Arlene Tomasetti: A used Band-Aid :0
- Jan LaPointe: Found a ladybug in the green garnish on a salad . . .
- Francesca's Bellezza: My husband was at a restaurant that only hires female servers in tank tops...and asked the server if the chili was homemade..she said yes...when he put in his spoon to mix it around..he found the lid to the can!!!!! lol