The Chicago Tribune reported earlier this month that Safeway wants to pull out of the Chicago market within the year. There are currently 72 Dominick's stores in the Chicago area. Four of the stores have been sold to Jewel-Osco owner New Albertson's, Inc., according to Crain's.
Locations near La Grange include one at 14 Garden Market St. in Western Springs and one at 6704 Joliet Rd. in Countryside.
Read the full Crain's report here.
We asked that question to fans of the Facebook pages of Western Springs Patch, La Grange Patch and Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills Patch, and here are the answers we've received so far:
- Marcy Dean Rossi: "Mariano's sounds like a good plan!"
- David Chiappe: "Mariano's"
- Julie Pietryla: "Cub Foods"
- Piotr Ptak: "Shop and Save"
- Sue Mylan Rogers: "Mariano's - some of my friends up north have them near them and say the selection is awesome"
- Tracie White: "Pete's Fresh Market"
- Rocki DeBartolo: "Mariano's without a doubt. Been hoping for one since I first went to the Frankfort one and then Elmhurst."
- Ann MacIntosh Baker "Another hair salon! <kidding> OK seriously, Mariano's would be stupdenous but their stores are usually a lot larger. Pete's Fresh Market is a possibility."