Want to shoot some big game at the Brookfield Zoo?
Local photographers can win a chance to have their work displayed at the Brookfield Zoo and other great prizes by participating in the Chicago Zoological Society’s 2012 Photo Contest.
Just grab your camera and head to , 3300 Golf Rd. in Brookfield, start snapping away and pick your favorite shot.
Photos must be submitted as an 8" x 10" print in color, or black and white. The chosen shot must feature an animal, but it doesn't necessarily have to be shot at the zoo—that squirrl in the backyard might be a winner. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 22 by 5 p.m.
Photos will be judged by a panel in two age categories: Adults (ages 12 and older), and kids (ages 11 and under). Entries will be ranked based on the following criteria: 40 percent for originality, 30 percent for the nature of the subject matter and 30 percent for the clarity of the shot.
First, second and third place winners will be chosen in both age categories and will have their work displayed at the Brookfield Zoo's Discovery Center lobby and on the Chicago Zoological Society’s website at www.CZS.org.
- Two round-trip tickets to any destination in the continental United States where American Airlines flies.
Adult Category Prizes
- 1st Place—Wild Encounters: Flippers and Fins worth $350.00.
- 2nd Place—Wild Encounters: Poolside with Penguins worth $250.00
- 3rd Place—Brookfield Zoo Family Plus Membership worth $108.00
Child Category Prizes
- 1st Place—Fisher-Price® Package featuring an assortment of toys worth $250.00
- 2nd Place—$75 Brookfield Zoo gift certificate.
- 3rd Place—$50 Brookfield Zoo gift certificate.
For a full list of details, submission guidelines and rules, click here.